Saturday, July 23, 2011

?UNITED? STATES OF AMERICA

Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand." Matthew 12:25

If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. Mark 3:24

I was wanting to write this blog earlier in this month, in honor of our nation's 235th birthday, but I am just now getting it done.

During this month, I just recently, for the first time, read the Constitution of the United States. It was sent to me by Liberty Counsel in the form of a pocket sized handbook. It also included the Declaration of Independence and other important quotes from key leaders in our nation.

Reading the documents that formed our nation made me truly realize how un united and actually divided our nation has become. When the leaders of our nation started ignoring God and the Constitution and stopped praying together, then the "People", which is all of us "under God" and under our leaders, began to follow suit and do the same things..... How sad.

Here are some scriptures that have touched my heart concerning America:

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people He chose for his inheritance. Psalms 33:12

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. Galatians 5:13

There will be joy and songs of thanksgiving, and I will multiply My people and make of them a great and honored nation.
Their children will prosper as they did long ago. I will establish them as a nation before Me, and I will punish anyone who hurts them.
They will have their own ruler again, and he will not be a foreigner. I will invite him to approach Me, says the Lord, for who would dare to come unless invited?
You will be My people, and I will be your God. Jeremiah 30:19-22

...."I will put My law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be My people. 
No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. “For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.
Jeremiah 31:33-34

Please join us in a call to prayer for a nation in crisis on Saturday August 6, 2011 at The Response USA: http://theresponseusa.com/

If My people, who are called by My Name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Prayer:
Dear Lord,
I humble myself before You, my King. Forgive me for my many sins and the sins of my nation. forgive us for the shedding of innocent blood and for allowing Your Name and Your Word to be removed from our public schools. I am seeking Your face today Jesus. Our nation does not deserve Your mercy, grace or kindness, but I am asking for Your Divine intervention once again for America to be "United" in You. Help us to stand united, even though we have fallen so far from You. Help us all to be willing and obedient to Your Word, that our nation was built upon.
In Jesus' Name, Amen